HGV Technician/Auto Electrician
Guest Truck and Van – Peterborough
We are recruiting for a HGV Technician/Auto Electrician based at our Peterborough site.
|Reports To:||Service Manager|
|Hours of Work:||Shift A: 8:00am – 5:30pm Monday, 8:00am – 4:30pm Tuesday to Thursday, 8:00am – 3:30pm Friday.
Shift B: 9:30am – 6:00pm Monday to Friday
40 hours per week
|Additional Benefits:||Overtime, Increased Holiday Entitlement with Length of Service, Recruitment Incentive Awards|
This is a dual role which consists of routine electrical work including vehicle preparation and the fitting of electrical equipment and the repair and maintenance of heavy goods vehicles.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake electrical installation of accessories and ancillary equipment on a wide variety of vehicles. Including towbars, lightbars, camera equipment, side minder systems, hand wash units, split charge systems and inverters etc.
- To undertake training as may be required and product training by consultation.
- To carry out work within a realistic time, be this time either manufacturers, locally negotiated or a combination of both or by agreed schedules of work.
- Carry out routine inspections maintenance service and repairs on franchised and non-franchised marques including trailers to industry standard.
- Carry out a wide range of defect repairs.
- Fault diagnosis and rectification using the manufacturer’s computer system and tooling.
- Complete job cards and service sheets using online systems correctly and in line with warranty protocol.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- It will be necessary to work with information technology and associated systems in accordance with Guest Motors policies.
- To co-operate with the Company in complying with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal
- opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- HGV licence is advantageous.
- Pre-requisite NVQL3 or similar
Guest Truck and Van, part of Guest Group is proud to be the UK’s largest Iveco Dealer Group & Fiat Van Dealer, we have been a family owned and run business for over a century.
The Group now operates out of 13 full service dealerships spanning across the East Midlands, West Midlands, North Wales, Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Staffordshire and South Yorkshire.
Do you want to work for the largest Iveco and Fiat Van Dealer Group in the UK?
Would you like to join a family owned and run Company with over 100 years trading behind it?
If so then this may be the job for you!