Temporary Group HR Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Guest Motors Limited – West Bromwich
We are recruiting for a Group HR Assistant on a temporary basis based at our Head Office in West Bromwich.
|Terms:||Fixed-Term, 12-18 months|
|Reports To:||Managing Director – Operations|
|Hours of Work:||8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday
30 Minute Break
37.5 hours per week
|Additional Benefits:||Increased Holiday Entitlement with Length of Service, Recruitment Incentive Awards, Long Service Awards, Health Care Scheme and Cycle to Work Scheme.|
Job Role Summary
Guest Motors Limited are recruiting for a Group HR Assistant to provide maternity cover for 12 to 18 months. The successful candidate will be based at their Head Office in West Bromwich but will be expected to remotely assist 13 sites across the UK. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to take their next step in their human resources career.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the recruitment process from start to finish, including gaining the correct authorisation, creating job advertisements, posting job advertisements and arranging interviews.
- Negotiate fees with recruitment agencies and training providers.
- Creating employment contracts and other relevant letters as and when required.
- Liaising with all levels of the business including board level; recruitment, employment law advice, amendments to contracts and health and safety.
- Advising managers and directors on a variety of employment issues, including disciplinaries, grievances, TUPE, performance and change management.
- Creating, implementing and communicating policies and procedures.
- Reviewing and implementing staff incentives and rewards.
- Understanding the importance of health and safety requirements.
- Liaising with management and directors regarding contract changes.
- Managing apprentices through the apprenticeship levy.
- Provide support for payroll including all paperwork surrounding this.
- Ensure all HR files are up to date.
- Assist with booking training courses for staff, including the use of our e-learning platform and keeping the training matrix up to date.
- Maintaining consistent standards around compliance and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of furlough and other COVID-19 requirements.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in a fast-paced and varied HR department is essential.
- Ideally qualified at CIPD Level 3 or above.
- Able to work in a stand-alone generalist position.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Sage HR 50.
- Self-starter, with ability to work from own initiative.
- Sense of professionalism and ability to develop and maintain relationships with employees.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Knowledge of employment law and have the ability to remain up to date with legislation changes.
Guest Motors Limited, part of Guest Group is proud to be the UK’s largest Iveco Dealer Group & Fiat Van Dealer, we have been a family owned and run business for over a century.
The Group now operates out of 13 full service dealerships spanning across the East Midlands, West Midlands, North Wales, Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Staffordshire and South Yorkshire.
Do you want to work for the largest Iveco and Fiat Van Dealer Group in the UK?
Would you like to join a family owned and run Company with over 100 years trading behind it?
If so then this may be the job for you!