Customer and Supplier Information Update 6 – 19/05/2020
The company is continuing to monitor the developments and the increasing measures that are being taken to combat Coronavirus (COVID-19). Whilst the situation remains fluid we are clarifying and updating you on our Policies and Regulations following on from the UK Governments most recent announcements. Importantly we are now moving as an organisation from our initial reaction to the crisis to become resilient to current operating conditions whilst also developing our recovery strategies.
Our desire in line with the Governments ‘key worker’ status is to continue our operations that support our customers, particularly those that are vital to our basic sustainability such as healthcare and food distribution. Currently all our sites for Parts and Service are open with alterations to our standard opening hours. Our Vehicle sales team continues to be available to contact via telephone and email our retail sales offices remain closed. We do however have a duty of care to our employees, which we take very seriously and are updating them on a regular basis with actions taken so far as follows; –
- Staff are updated at a minimum weekly of our developments
- Daily Senior Management update conference call
- It has been impressed on all staff to follow Government guidelines for self-isolation, Social Distancing both in and out of the workplace, basic hygiene and avoiding private unnecessary travel
- All business travel outside the UK is banned until further notice.
- All unnecessary business travel in UK has been restricted, with; –
- All internal and external meetings postponed
- Use of Cisco WebEx and telephony encouraged for meetings
- Staff with symptoms have been told not to attend work, or sent home from work
- Deep cleans to potentially affected areas
- Advice given on working in vehicles with precautions such as wearing gloves and sanitisation
- Staff working from home where practical
- All external ‘face to face’ training has been cancelled
- Visitor questionnaires on all receptions
- Reviewed all staff travel arrangements
- Where available distribution on additional PPE including hand sanitiser
- Check on homeworkers and furloughed employees to ensure wellbeing
- Set up a dedicated internal email for all queries relating to Coronavirus (COVID 19)
More recently we have;-
- Carried out shift reviews and site surveys and are introducing very visible ‘social distancing’ signage as below, along with counter screens. We ask if you visit one of our sites you follow the guidelines.
- Advised staff on how to obtain COVID 19 tests via gov.uk
- Encouraged training on important new products arriving later in the year
- Introduced an online training course for Mental Health Awareness
Our aim is to provide business continuity where ever possible, however we are operating on a reduced capacity along with a number of staff working from home. Where we have disruption, we have a telephone system that provides total connectivity across all our sites so calls can be diverted where appropriate. Our stocks of parts, accessory equipment and new vehicles currently remain healthy although we are seeing some backorders and extended lead times although these are not currently significant. Where you have a vehicle order with us we will be updating you on progress towards delivery, should you need your vehicle urgently please contact our sales team.
Our supply chain is in constant contact with us in ensuring we can continue to provide service along with a variety of others measures to support all or stakeholders. In particular we are in regular contact with both IVECO and Fiat Professional regarding the restart of vehicle production.
Should you have any questions or need to contact us directly about the issues Coronavirus (COVID-19) is creating for you please email email@example.com
Please note we will be closed on Saturday 23rd May, our current working hours are as follows;-