Late Shift Technician
Guest Truck and Van – All locations
|Reports to:||Service Manager|
|Hours of work:||40 hours per week|
|Salary:||Exceeds National minimum wage|
Guest Sherwood Truck and Van, part of Guest Group is proud to be the UK’s largest Iveco Dealer Group and Fiat Professional Dealer, we have been a family owned and run business for over a century. The Group now operates out of 13 full service dealerships spanning across the East Midlands, West Midlands, North Wales, Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Staffordshire and South Yorkshire. Do you want to work for the largest Iveco and Fiat Van Dealer Group in the UK? Would you like to join a family owned and run Company with over 100 years trading behind it? If so then this may be the job for you!
A BIT ABOUT US, THE JOB, AND WHAT’S ON OFFER
- A fully funded HGV Technician Apprenticeship delivered to you by Iveco Group, Remit Training & Guest Sherwood Truck & Van. Over 3 years you will study towards and achieve NVQ Levels 1, 2, 3.
- Guest Sherwood Truck & Van is still a family owned business today that has been trading for 120 years since its inception, and is today the largest, leading Iveco Dealer Group in the UK.
- Iveco is an international leader in the development, manufacture, marketing and servicing of a vast range of light, medium and heavy commercial vehicles.
- Remit Training is an Ofsted Grade 2 Provider, recognised for its outstanding Leadership and Management.
- You’re learning will take place predominantly in our state of the art workshops, however every 6-8 weeks you will complete a week at the REMIT training facility in Derby. We will take care of financing your transport to & from the training centre, along with quality hotel accommodation on a half board basis, and lunch will be provided each day at the training centre.
- You will be remunerated with a market leading apprentice salary in excess of minimum wage for your age, safety work & foot wear, Increased Holiday Entitlement with Length of Service, Recruitment Incentive Awards, Health Care Scheme, and Cycle to Work Scheme and much more.
- You will also be issued with a portable tool box work station. Upon successful completion of your first 12 months in your new role, the ownership of it will be transferred across to you as a gift from us to you, just to say welcome on board and well done for completing your first year.
LIKE THE SOUND OF WHAT YOU ARE READING? READ ON AND FIND OUT MORE!
A Heavy Vehicle Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over. The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
- Servicing – carrying out checks.
- Maintenance – replacing/repairing engine parts.
- Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment.
- As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team.
- Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace.
- Learn the fundamental technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
- Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings.
- Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair.
Once you have completed your apprenticeship and gained your NVQ levels 1, 2, 3, don’t think that is the end, as the sky really is the limit… There are endless amounts of options to take, to further enhance your skills, or to specialise in a particular area of vehicle diagnostics & repairs. Below are some of the options you will have available to you to consider after you have completed your apprenticeship:
- Becoming a Master Technician – Iveco DEEC (dealer electronic excellence community)
- Acquiring your HGV driving licence – this means you can test drive the trucks you have fixed
- Special Qualifications – DVSA Tachograph Licence, DVSA MOT Licence, Roadside Working etc
- Supervisory and Management – Shift Supervisor/Workshop Controller/Service Manager – the choice is yours and the opportunities are endless should you wish to climb the ladder
STILL INTERESTED? CONTACT US NOW & COME AND MEET US!
How to get in touch with us to register your interest:
- You can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can call us: 0121 553 2737
- You can message us on our website: https://www.guesttruckandvan.co.uk/contact/?manufacturer=iveco
- You can call into your local Guest Sherwood dealership, go to the Service Reception and ask for the Service Manager
- Alternatively you can contact REMIT directly on 0115 975 9550 or email@example.com and quote ‘Guest Sherwood HGV Apprentice Technician Vacancies’.