Sherwood Truck and Van – South Normanton
We are recruiting for a Bodyshop Technician based at our South Normanton site.
|Reports To:||Bodyshop Manager|
|Hours of Work:||Between 7:00am – 3:30pm, Monday to Friday
40 hours per week
|Additional Benefits:||Bonus Scheme, Increased Holiday Entitlement with Length of Service, Recruitment Incentive Awards, Long Service Awards, Health Care Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme|
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Masking off the parts of the vehicle which are not going to be resprayed
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team to deliver excellent customer service and individually to attain desired company targets.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all the necessary techniques to carry out body work repair, including, panel repair, paint preparation and spraying. Polishing, removing damaged panels, repair dents/scratched, demising freshly painted vehicles, flat polish on newly and old painted vehicles, trim removal and refit.
- Build effective working relationships with colleagues and liaise over tasks to be completed and that communications with colleagues, both verbally and written are clear, concise and understood.
- Before commencing review all information carefully to understand a vehicle’s condition, the accuracy of the diagnosis, and what work has been agreed to.
- Conduct a pre use visual check of any work equipment prior to use and report any defective equipment to your supervisor, isolating this equipment so as not to cause harm to others
- Complete repair and service records as well as any other appropriate activities required with regard to initial diagnosis.
- Have excellent attention to detail to ensure that tasks are carried as per Company requirements and agreements and quality control your own work before releasing to next department to reduce re-works.
- Ensure that you have a full clean driving licence as you may be required to carry out regular test drives following work on vehicles.
- Re-work vehicles when instructed following further identified needs after inspection * You may be required to undertake other duties to meet business requirements and setting, including working alongside other departments.
- Always comply with Health and Safety instructions and maintain a safe working environment for yourself and others who may be working or entering the work area and report all hazards to your Line Manager/Health and Safety Manage
Sherwood Truck and Van, part of Guest Group is proud to be the UK’s largest Iveco Dealer Group & Fiat Van Dealer, we have been a family owned and run business for over a century.
The Group now operates out of 13 full service dealerships spanning across the East Midlands, West Midlands, North Wales, Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Staffordshire and South Yorkshire.
Do you want to work for the largest Iveco and Fiat Van Dealer Group in the UK?
Would you like to join a family owned and run Company with over 100 years trading behind it?
If so then this may be the job for you!