Sherwood Truck and Van – South Normanton
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Controller based at our South Normanton site.
|Reports To:||Northern Region Service Manager & Head of Sentinel|
|Hours of Work:||42.5 hours per week|
|Additional Benefits:||Increased Holiday Entitlement with Length of Service, Recruitment Incentive Awards, Long Service Awards, Health Care Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme|
There is a vacancy for a Maintenance Controller to work as part of the Customer Service Centre team with responsibility for providing a customer focused service controlling maintenance on a range of LGV/HGV vehicles on varying Customer contracts. The role is based at South Normanton Derbyshire.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Working as part of a team the post-holder will need to work alongside colleagues of differing abilities sharing their experience and knowledge to provide customers with a high level of service delivery.
- To ensure that all incoming calls are answered as soon as is reasonably possible and in line with the service centre terms of service.
- To select suitably qualified and equipped suppliers to effect service and repairs, ensuring that the most cost-effective option is used as a first choice.
- To co-ordinate all breakdown and call handling incidents in line with any pre-determined customer SLAs and special procedures.
- To ensure that all incidents are progress-chased through to completion, keeping the customer informed at all times.
- To maintain individual incident records, noting all conversations on the ‘each incidents specific memo pad’.
- To control the maintenance, breakdown, and accident expenditure on a varied range of equipment and contracts, which are operated by both internal and external contracts
- To facilitate in all matters of a technical nature that are or maybe in query due to the cost or quality of repairs, ensuring best value cost & quality levels are achieved for all customers
- Authorise expenditure within an agreed spend limit on estimates as dictated ensuring all maintenance records/contract processes are followed as a reference point to decide on the level and cost of repairs necessary before proceeding
- Liaise with Maintenance Control Manager / Fleet Engineers / Contract Managers / Customer on all servicing and MOT requirements ensuring all services & MOT are planned and completed in-line with specific customer an manufacture requirements
- To ensure all maintenance record are kept up to date through our supplier portal.
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to and report all incidents of non-compliance.
- Seek to drive down repair costs and repair rates charged by our suppliers by working with the Fleet Engineers and ensure that the most cost effective resources available are utilized.
- To cover out of operating hours support for customer breakdowns leasing with both the customer and supplier to ensure all incident are progressed through to completion.
- To ensure that the workplace maintains a tidy and professional image.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the motor vehicle industry
- Applicants should be suitably qualified and have experience in light/heavy commercial vehicle maintenance, repair, diagnostic and standard repair times
- Experience of working in a fast paced and demanding customer environment, with a flexible approach towards meeting the needs of the customer
- Self-motivated and able to communicate clearly in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and be a team player
- Well organised, taking ownership of tasks and being able to work to detail
- High level of UK geographical knowledge and have a good standard of education at GCSE level
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – an understanding of Maintenance Management Systems would be advantageous
Sherwood Truck and Van, part of Guest Group is proud to be the UK’s largest Iveco Dealer Group & Fiat Van Dealer, we have been a family owned and run business for over a century.
The Group now operates out of 14 full service dealerships spanning across the East Midlands, West Midlands, North Wales, Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Staffordshire and South Yorkshire.
Do you want to work for the largest Iveco and Fiat Van Dealer Group in the UK?
Would you like to join a family owned and run Company with over 100 years trading behind it?
If so then this may be the job for you!