Sherwood Truck and Van – South Normanton
We are recruiting for a Workshop Foreman/Woman based at our South Normanton site.
|Reports To:||Service Manager|
|Hours of Work:||40 hours per week|
|Additional Benefits:||Overtime, Increased Holiday Entitlement with Length of Service, Recruitment Incentive Awards, Long Service Awards|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Foreman to join Iveco’s largest dealer group. Within this role you shall be responsible for supervising a team of Technicians within the service department aid of the Workshop Controller. This is a hands-on role ideal for someone with previous experience in managing people.
Ideally, you will have main dealer experience as a Technician. Your remit as Workshop Foreman will be to ensure that the Workshop Team are fully productive and up to date with modern diagnostic methods, you will also be responsible for providing technical support for the Technicians and ensuring Apprentices receive the required support to become a fully-fledged Technician for both light and heavy commercial vehicles.
The candidate should be a fully qualified HGV Commercial Vehicle Technician with Light vehicle experience ideally with a Class 1 driving licence
In return you shall receive a competitive salary with excellent company benefits and the opportunity to progress your career.
The role is based at South Normanton, Derbyshire.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Carry out routine inspections maintenance service and repairs on franchised and non-franchised marques including trailers to industry standard.
- Carry out a wide range of defect repairs including major unit overhaul.
- Fault diagnosis and rectification using the manufacturers computer system and tooling.
- Complete job cards and service sheets using online systems correctly and in line with warranty protocol
- Coaching and mentoring a team of Technicians and Apprentices
- You must have a solid background within the HGV Service sector
- Technical background within the HGV Sector
- Pre-requisite NVQL3 or manufacturer trained
- Must possess the ability to communication well with customer and colleagues across different department, both face-to-face and via email and telephone.
- Organised and methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Experience of working at a similar level within the Commercial Vehicle Industry
- Ability to demonstrate your knowledge, skills, and achievements
- Awareness and understanding of Health & Safety
Sherwood Truck and Van, part of Guest Group is proud to be the UK’s largest Iveco Dealer Group & Fiat Van Dealer, we have been a family owned and run business for over a century.
The Group now operates out of 13 full service dealerships spanning across the East Midlands, West Midlands, North Wales, Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Staffordshire and South Yorkshire.
Do you want to work for the largest Iveco and Fiat Van Dealer Group in the UK?
Would you like to join a family owned and run Company with over 100 years trading behind it?
If so then this may be the job for you!